Review & tips
This is the closing part in our series of women’s embellishments. A big thank you to Csilla Mariposa for writing the articles. For more thorough information on the different types of decorations, read the previous articles:
In the first article we discussed embellishments where the free leg stays on the ground.
In the second category we looked at decorations where the free leg is above the ground/in the air, decorating and/or touching the partner. These embellishments are done within the frame!
The third article was about embellishments where the free leg is in the air (and don’t fit in the second group)
Most embellishments will fit into one of these categories. Of course there are other types – when the decoration is done with the partner.
Useful tips for dancing:
- Don’t over-decorate by adding something to each step – it isn’t nice. Express yourself every now and then.
- Pay attention to your partner and what he allows you to do. This is important. Do not decorate if you don’t have the possibility or the partner doesn’t allow you.
- Whenever the partner gives you the opportunity, take it! Usually the leader pays attention to the follower at such times and will only lead the next steps when the follower is ready.
- There are exceptions. It takes two to have an enjoyable, quality dance. I still believe that embellishments don’t need to be taught – sooner or later everybody will discover what they prefer.
Further help to develop your skills:
Internet abounds in great video lessons. Take a look at these:
- Tango Tools: https://www.youtube.com/user/tangotools
- Jessica Tango: https://www.youtube.com/user/TangoIngenue
- Jennifer Bratt https://www.youtube.com/user/BewitchingBlackLotus
- Áron Ecsedy – tangó fogalom pdf.
Have fun practicing and enjoy your dance!
Abrazo – Mariposa
Further women’s technique videos